Tuesday 5 February 2013

Polish Days - Get Back To Nature

Hello polish lovelies!  The theme for February's Polish Day Theme hosted by Polly Polish is Get Back To Nature.  For me it was a toss up between a landscape or flora & fauna.  I knew I wanted to do a water decal and although I found some cracking landscapes my nails aren't very long and I think the landscape across my nails would look better if they were longer.  I love plants & animals so I came across an image of butterflies and thought it would be more forgiving as I didn't have to match up skylines etc.

Well.....it turned out OK, not as well as I'd have liked, the image was too dark and the best nail is my middle nail because the image is lighter.

Anyhoo, here's my effort, I think I'll stick to small water decals in future rather than covering the whole nail.....how long did it last.....half a day, I'm a picker!

So this is the image I used, the butterflies are so vibrant!
 I printed it onto special water decal paper
Cut out some nail shapes
 Et Voila!
 As you can see the middle finger looks best as it has the lightest butterfly
 




And here are the other lovelies involved with this challenge.......



5 comments:

  1. Wow amazing! Love this!

    ReplyDelete
  2. WOW I love this where do you get that paper from? This is stunning!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I got it from Ebay, just put in Water Decal Paper, you can get as little as one sheet at a time, and it'll last ages.

      Delete
  3. I want to try this, and you picked such a perfect image!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wendy - this is an outstanding manicure. You did a super job with your decals and it's so fitting to the theme.

    FYI, your inlinkz link isn't working. I found the post by clicking on your HOME tab.

    Beautiful job!!!!

    Lisa

    ReplyDelete