Monday 8 February 2016

Born Pretty Store Clear Jelly Stamper & Stamping Plate BP-L 003

The clear jelly stamper is a revolution in the nail art stamping world.  A clear silicone stamper which allows you to look down the barrel and see exactly what has been stamped and where precisely to place on your nail - why didn't anyone think of this before!  My Clear Jelly Nail Stamper is from Born Pretty Store, comes with a scraper and is available in 3 colours, pink, purple and white (I have white).  I did have to practice using the new clear jelly stamper, unlike my squishy stamper which I simply place on top of the painted image, the clear jelly stamper in my opinion requires a rolling technique and you need to work fast.  Quick roll and place straight onto your nail.  I found that if you pressed too hard the stamp didn't pick up the image, but hey, I'm still practicing.  There's a different type of stamper for every occasion, this will be great for precise placement of a pattern onto your nail.  The clear jelly stamper head is firmer than a squishy stamper and I've discovered from other bloggers do not use acetone to clean as this will breakdown the silicone head, use a lint sticky roller to clean up.  Take a look at my video tutorial below which shows the clear jelly stamper in action, I've also used a large stamping plate from Born Pretty Store which is Stamping Plate BP-L003.
Onto the pics!!!!
Looking down the barrel with the jelly stamper at the bottom.  You can quite clearly see the stamped image and you can stamp precisely on your nail.
Below - looking at the head of the stamper where it has picked up the stamped image
 
Above and below, stamped from Born Pretty Store BP-L003 large stamping plate

 The Clear Jelly Nail Stamper & Scraper is currently $2.99 / £2.10 / €2.76 
The Stamping Plate BP-L003 is currently $4.19 / £2.94 / €3.86

You can also use my 10% discount code HXBQ10 which gets you 10% off full priced items. Check out the Born Pretty Store  website for loads of cool nail art goodies.

FREE INTERNATIONAL SHIPPING - WOOP WOOP!!!!


10 comments:

  1. Did you find that when using it you had to place it down extremely quickly? I want to buy one for better placement of smaller stamped details, but feel that if I have to work too quickly the placement will be slightly off anyway?
    Have you tried it with smaller images, if so what was your thoughts?

    Thanks :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hiya, yes I found I had to work quickly and place the stamped image straight away onto my nail for the whole image to transfer. A few seconds too long and it either partially or wholly remained on the stamper. But I am still practising, I used the stamper today on a MoYou Nail plate using smaller images and it work perfectly fine, and it is brilliant to precisely place the image. If you get one, persevere!

      Delete
  2. It looks brilliant, I've been looking at the Cosette stamper: http://cosettenailshop.storenvy.com/collections/1157628-stamper-sets/products/15782046-crystal-c-thru-stamper-w-cap - Which looks almost identical?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hiya, yes there's quite a few clear jelly stampers out there and all very similar.

      Delete
    2. I decided to buy the Born Pretty clear stamper. So disappointed, I can't get it to pick up. Tried the BP plate with my old Konad stamper and it worked ok. Any thoughts please? What do you use to clean the stamper head with. Do you think the MoYou clear stamper is better?

      Delete
    3. Hiya, I did have to work at the BPS stamper, I had to use a rolling action rather than a plonk straight down on the plate. Also, different plates gave different results. However now I've used it a few times and I use a sticky roller to clean the stamper, it works OK. The MoYou Stamper I didn't have as many trials with, it worked well straight away. Hope this helps.

      Delete
    4. Thanks so much. I will roll not plonk and continue clean up with the sticky roller.

      Delete
  3. I have the original clear jelly Stamper that is really too firm for me. The bp one is supposed to be more squishy. I'll have to get that one. Your mani came out perfect!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, I'm still practising and have used it again with a MoYou Nails plate using smaller images and it work perfectly!

      Delete
  4. hmmm...this is something worth checking out. It seems a good one. I wonder how hard it will be for me to create a good mani.

    ReplyDelete