Saturday 29 April 2017

Basic Tutorial for a Sponged Gradient using Avon Mark Gel Shine Nail Enamels

Welcome to an easy peasy tutorial showing you some basic nail art designs and effects, this week sponged gradient. Using two or more colours with a sponge to create a blended gradient, and as like the previous tutorial for french tips, it's a great way to revitalise an old mani.  My nails were already painted the berry shade.
Using a sponge, any sponge, bath, make up, kitchen (thrifty me uses a kitchen sponge, the one you buy in a pack of 20 with a scourer on one side), paint the nail polish in stripes, it doesn't matter if they overlay this will all add to the blending of the colours.
 Pat/dab onto your nails, it is messy and you'll need to clean up after.  Sponge one set of nails and repeat until you build up the depth of colour you want to achieve.
 Using nail polish remover and a make up brush I tidy up and remove the polish on my skin, I know Avon does a natty nail polish corrector pen which would be handy at this point.
 Apply top coat and the blended shades will merge together and you have a unique gradient mani in whatever colour combo you like.
 For this mani I used Avon Mark Gel Shine Very Berry & Purplicious
Love Avon?  Take a look at my online store
You can catch up with Avon online, Twitter, FacebookInstagramPinterestGoogle+ & Youtube.

1 comment: